Preity going easy with Salman

    [malik.bollywood@gmail.com]
    She has just completed her work in Shirish Kunder's Jaan-e-Man and is now into Karan Johar's Kabhi Alvidaa Na Kehna . "No two films, set-ups and directors could be more different. I'm so excited," Preity Zinta squeals from NYC.Salaam Namaste is a world-wide hit. She's feeling on top of the world. But there's also the downside."I'm so home-sick! I'm living my life out of suitcases. I've been away from home so much I've forgotten what Mumbai looks like. I want to walk the streets of my city. I miss the city and specially the food so much! Is Mumbai cleaner now? I hope it is.."She pauses for breath, and then cheers up at the mention Salaam Namaste."I believe it's even bigger than Charlie & The Chocolate Factory in Australia! I spoke to my exhibitor-friend in Mumbai . He told me so far the three biggest hits of 2005 in India are Bunty Aur Babli, No Entry and Salaam Namaste…It feels great!""We were going into a rather dangerous territory—live-in realtionship and all. But we knew what we were doing. Salmaan Namaste reflects the reality about relationships today. The director Siddharth Anand was new, but so sure of what he he had to say."She perks up even more while speaking about her co-star ."Saif and I go back a long way…to my very first film Kya Kehna. And guess what? I was an unwed mom in that too, and Saif was the illegitimate father. Small world, huh? Saif and I just decided to back to basics again," she chuckles as only Preity can. "But seriously Saif and I share such a wonderful rapport. It showed up in all the four films we've done so far. All of them are hits.Yaaaaaaay!" She lets out a whoop of unconcealed delight. It's 12.45 am in New York and Preity is chewing on a salad. She's all keyed-up to go into Kabhi Alvidaa Na Kehna…"My first film with Karan Johar as director. And he goes into a totally unexplored territory. To that extend I guess I'll be building on my reputation as an actor who takes risks. Karan is such an entertainer, one can never get bored on his sets. I'm really looking forward to working with him…and Shah Rukh who's an absolute delight as a co-star.""And to add to my excitement I'll be working with my buddy Abhishek Bachchan for the first time. The only time we've shared camera space was on Koffee With Karan. Now I guess Karan will make us have more than just coffee. As for Mr Amitabh Bachchan, unke baare mein jitna kahaa jaye kam hai…Hey my Hindi is still ok in spite of my NRI status for so many months!"She chuckles some more at the mention of her female co-star Rani Mukherjee. "She's my good luck charm. Every film we did together was a big hit. I'm sure Kabhi Alvidaa Na Kehna would also be a success."She's all praise for her Jaan-e-Man director Shirish Kunder and co-stars Akshay Kumar and Salman Khan."Shrish hardly talks but his takings are terrific. Akshay and I had done one of my early films Sangharsh together. It's so strange to hear people in NY talking about my Sangharsh rather than Salaam Namaste. Akshay is great fun.""As for Salman… no uneasy moments at all. It was all cool. I believe the forensic experts back home have declared the tapes to be untrue. Thank God the clouds of controversy have lifted. I'm getting a little tired of being put right in the middle of crises when I've nothing to do with them."Back home the media is buzzing with rumours that Preity will paly Sonia Gnadhi."I'd love to. I've a lot of admiration for her. What a life! And what a staggering range of emotions to portray for an actress. But I haven't been approached for the role. I've met Jagmohan Mundra once briefly about two years ago. And that certainly had nothing to do with Sonia Gandhi."Then she "I needed to re-orient myself. Kabhi Alvidaa Na Kehna is so different from Jaan-e-Man which is fun, cool casual entertainer. Karan's film is ….different!"
    Wallpaper Designed By: Malik Design Lab [malik.design@gmail.com]
    Source URL: http://trendgrafitiinternasional.blogspot.com/2005/11/preity-going-easy-with-salman.html
    Visit Trend Grafity for daily updated images of art collection