Scared to think about having my own children right now, Bipasha

    Bipasha Basu, whose recently released 'Dhoom 2' is making waves at the box office, is in no hurry to tie the knot with beau John Abraham and says she is too scared to think about having her own children right now.

    'I love kids. But right now my nephew, whose parents are setting up house in Mumbai, is staying with me. And I'm scar-r-r-e-d to even think about having my own kids. Right now, parenthood seems like the most difficult job in the world. I've told my sister, my nephew is enough. I don't think I can have a child of my own for a long time,' Bipasha told IANS.

    Tell her that John hopes to make loads of money to pay for their wedding and honeymoon and the actress smirks.

    'Oh please! I don't believe in lavish weddings. It's a criminal waste of money to call so many people who are genuinely not interested in my life. Better to invite only my genuine circle of friends. However, there's loads of time before the wedding happens. And trust me, everyone will know when it happens.'

    Bipasha had recently been to Toronto and returned as a richer person as she found a good woman friend.

    'After ages I have made a really close friend. She's actually John's friend. But after a long time I have made truly good female friends with whom I can remain connected without a sense of rivalry. One can't do that in Bollywood.'

    The actress misses her hometown Kolkata.

    'I enjoy my vacations there. But I can't live there. Of course, puja in Mumbai isn't quite the same as Kolkata. So, I don't miss having my family around. But yes, I did enjoy puja in Kolkata earlier. Now it gets too crowded and my dad gets tired. The crowds are uncontrollable. So it's no longer fun.

    'But now I've my entire family in Mumbai, including my elder sister whose husband has just got a job transfer from Bangalore. So, my entire family lives just a stone's throw away from where I stay.'

    Bipasha grows reflective.

    'As you grow older you really look for your roots. At 17, I felt great travelling alone and making my way around the world. But then family begins to catch up. I've been away from them for too long. I need my family close to me, specially since I don't allow too many people to come into my inner circle.'

    A new development in Bipasha's life - she has been, in her words, rewarding herself with vacations.

    'For years it was just New Year. But now I indulge myself on holidays when I feel like. Recently, I went to Toronto Film Festival with John. It was a lovely experience. Toronto is such a beautiful city. I had been there earlier for work only. Of course, I went because I got to spend quality time with John. But I got a chance to make some genuinely great friends in Toronto.'

    About her rather ugly run-in with the Independence Day parade in New Jersey, Bipasha says being harassed isn't peculiar to high-profile women.

    'Because we're celebrities such incidents get played up. But funny things happen to women all the time, whether we admit it or not. And those who think such things happen only to me because of the image that I have, I question their intelligence level. These things could happen to anybody, yaar. It's life.'

    As far as her acting assignments are concerned, she has some good projects in her kitty.

    'I've two films with Abbas-Mastan, one with Sanjay Dutt and Ajay, which is almost complete, the other with Saif, which will start soon. There're three other offers that I'm considering seriously.

    'There're 20 other offers which I could've taken up at this time of my career. But I don't want to. It isn't necessary to work every single day of the year. I don't want to have 11-12 trashy releases per year.

    'Whatever is offered is not what I'm always happy with. Now I'm looking forward to going beyond 'Dhoom 2', spending time with my family, my boyfriend and just relaxing.'
    Source URL: http://trendgrafitiinternasional.blogspot.com/2006/11/scared-to-think-about-having-my-own_30.html
    Visit Trend Grafity for daily updated images of art collection