Sallu's comments about john too insignificant

    John Abraham has had enough of his Baabul co-star's seemingly inexplicable bouts of snideness in print and on television where Salman has made it amply clear that there's no love lost between the two actors, despite John trying to extend the olive branch by saying good things about Sallu. In a television interview, Salman dismissed John as someone who only makes politically correct statements, and even made a sarcastic remark about John's much-lauded physique. When asked if he had stopped talking to John, he asked, "But when did we start talking?"
    John, in his turn, now makes it clear that this issue has become too petty, and Sallu's comments too insignificant, for him to give too much importance to, now. His nonchalance comes through when he says with a shrug, "I'm just not bothered. All I can do is brush it all off with a smile. In fact, the comments and this entire issue have no relevance in my life. I've so much happening to my career…my films, my clothes line, my motorbike endorsement, my own calendar. I really don't have time for all this. And I'm not being arrogant. I'm just being practical."

    John admits he shot with Salman for about five days in Baabul. "Technically we come in mutually exclusive halves in the film. I come in only after his character dies. But our characters do meet. So we did have to shoot together before we went on the world tour. And then we shot for a day after it. And everything was exactly the same between us before and after," says John, obviously hinting at the war between the two.

    So what about rumours of a squabble between them during the Rockstars tour? He says, "Well, I had no issues with him any time during the concerts. I didn't know what was happening until I returned to Mumbai and read reports in the papers about our hostility."

    John adds, "As far as I'm concerned I'm very comfortable with everyone around me. I don't like to work under any kind of stress and avoid it as much as possible. I am comfortable in my space, and that's what matters to me."

    But what happens when Salman enters that space? As another member of the Rockstars team says, "The problem between the two was definitely there…and a lot of it was in Salman's head. You see, he had appointed himself the unofficial rock star of the concerts. But John kept getting as much hysterical ovation on stage as Salman did, if not more. This hurt Salman's ego. Also the fact that John kept in his own space, hung around with his best friend whom he had taken along on the tour, instead of joining Salman's coterie, really hurt Salman. He's basically like a child who wants and needs constant attention. If you don't give it to him he'll extract it out of you. And if you still don't give him attention he'll turn childishly nasty on you. That happened with both John and Shaahid Kapoor during the Rockstars concerts. While John was busy being on his own, Shahid stayed aloof with Kareena. Both situations were unacceptable to Salman. He's a people's person, likes to have friends around. If you go to the Khans' residence you'll see Salman surrounded by family and friends cracking jokes at everyone's expense including his own. During the concerts he felt that John and Shaahid were distancing themselves from him. And Salman's ego couldn't take that. Hence, the manifestation of resentment."
    Source URL: http://trendgrafitiinternasional.blogspot.com/2006/12/sallu-comments-about-john-too.html
    Visit Trend Grafity for daily updated images of art collection