Riteish goes North

    Riteish Deshmukh will soon be shifting to a spacious 3BHK apartment in Juhu.

    Says Riteish, “We are just trying to finish the renovation of my new home. It’s an apartment in JVPD (Juhu Scheme).” When asked if it was a 3BHK, he sidesteps the query with, “It’s a modest apartment and a nice space,” he smiles.

    Less is more

    Even thought the actor is a qualified architect himself, he’s not designing his pad. “I have tied up with another architectural firm, 4 By 4, to do the interior designing because everyone needs new ideas and better architects. There are lots of brainstorming sessions happening about what I want and what they think etc.”

    No clutter, please

    Ritiesh doesn’t believe in clutter or glass-and-chrome finishes. According to him, chrome fittings are for offices. “I love space, contemporariness, openness and minimalist designs. Homes should be warm and spacious and not cluttered with antiques and candles.”

    However, he points out, “I love living with my parents. I bought this place because all the film shootings are in the suburbs and travelling takes a lot of time. I end up travelling for about four hours a day. If I am shooting this side, I will stay over at my apartment. Otherwise, I will be at my parents’ home.”

    Perfect wedding

    Riteish then talks about his older brother Amit who got married to Aditi last month, “It was perfect. It was the first wedding in the family and we were involved in everything from sending the invites to getting the venue and the food ready and the food. I wanted to be part of it so I took time off from work.”

    Ab meri baari!

    He wore a green Varun Bahl outfit at the reception and at the wedding ceremony, he donned an ensemble by Narendra Kumar.

    Riteish too received his fair share of attention at the wedding. “At the reception, everyone would wish Amit and Aditi and then come and tell me, ‘Abhi aap ke baari hai.’ After the fifth guest, I started telling them ‘Haan, pataa hai, ab meri baari hai.’ Fortunately, my parents are not pressurising me to get married now,” he laughs.

    You’re welcome

    There were also apparently 8000 gatecrashers who turned up uninvited at the reception. Ritiesh says, “Dad is the CM and there are lots of followers and well-wishers who came for the wedding. Everyone who were present at the wedding were most welcome to be a part of the reception. We were more than happy to see everyone there.”

    Upala KBR, Mid-Day
    Source URL: http://trendgrafitiinternasional.blogspot.com/2008/03/riteish-goes-north.html
    Visit Trend Grafity for daily updated images of art collection