Harman Baweja all set to make his first media appearance tonight

    He is touted to be the 'Next Best Thing' happening to Bollywood, after Hrithik Roshan. Having Bollywood's 'Godfather to many' Harry Baweja as his real-life father, he couldn't have asked for more. But not the one to merely make it on the basis of his surname, he has slogged his way to come before the camera. We are indeed talking about Harman Baweja, the down-to-earth dude, who makes his debut in Love Story 2050, in an exclusive interview with us, on the eve of the release of the film's futuristic music.

    The promos look really futuristic. What about the music?
    From our end, we have tried to make sure that the music lives up to the look and the feel of the film. The music of the film has got a range. It has got ballads and also it has got futuristic club songs. It has got interesting new sounds. From our end, we have put in an entire album. We have tried our level best to connect both the time zones.

    The look and the feel of the film look international. So, has the music too been composed keeping in mind the international audience?
    Simply put, since it's a Bollywood film, it is catering to Bollywood. I do agree that because of the effects in the film and its music, there is an international appeal to the album. But musically, we have kept it as Bollywood as it gets.

    How different is the music from the current lot of music albums that's available in the market today?
    I won't say that the music is really 'different' because it's my film. I would say that we have worked on different sounds. For example, the song that's on air these days (the one in which I am dancing with the robots). It's a real new sound. Its got more of a techno-meet-robot-meet-melody kinda' feel and appeal. It's basically a classical raag that we converted into a robotic techno feel and then incorporated in this song.

    What, according to you, is the USP of the album?
    The USP of the album is definitely the wide range of music that the album has got. As I told you earlier, it has got right from the futuristic club songs to my next song that will be on air soon, which happens to be a romantic theme number. Everything that is required of an album is there in this album, except your typical Punjabi Shaava Shaava and Kaawa Kaawa kind of thing, which we felt, was just not needed as the script didn't really demand it. The story of the film is interwoven with the songs and vice versa.

    Which is your personal favorite soundtrack? And which track you feel will have the masses swooning to its beats?
    It's a song that will be aired anytime now. It's basically the theme of the film and it's called 'Meelon Ka Jaise Tha Faasla'. It's a song that spans across both the time zones. It's basically the soul of the film. I just can't pick up and single out one song that I feel will be a hit with the masses. For me, it's the entire album will be a smash hit.

    This is your first time that you will be facing the media. Are you nervous or excited?
    I am slightly nervous as this will be the first time that I will be coming in front of the media. I just hope that I can be myself and talk like myself!

    What's your take on the much-publicized Harman-Imraan clash?
    There is no take on it as I feel that there is nothing called as the Harman-Imraan clash as I feel it's all made up. For me, its just two films of two debutantes with two totally different themes that are releasing on the same day. I have worked hard on my film and frankly speaking, I just do not believe in the so-called 'clash'.

    One observes that the common factor that binds the then-debutante Hrithik's Kaho Naa Pyar Hai and the now-debuting Harman's Love Story 2050 is the fact that Kareena Kapoor walked out on both the films. Kaho Naa Pyar Hai turned out to be superhit, do you feel that the Kareena- walkout will rub the same superhit magic on Love Story 2050.
    As long as any magic that rubs off my film and my film becomes a superhit, I am OK with it…(laughs).

    Lastly, a certain section of media did write negative about you. What was you reaction about it? Rather how do you react to such negative news?
    Frankly speaking, I just do not react at all. Rather, I have stopped reacting to such news. It's all about creating a headline, I have understood that. As far as people around me and those who matter to me a lot know the real Harman, I need not clarify the things with anyone.

    Source URL: http://trendgrafitiinternasional.blogspot.com/2008/05/harman-baweja-all-set-to-make-his-first.html
    Visit Trend Grafity for daily updated images of art collection