‘He is very special in my life’

    Shilpa Shetty's relationship with Raj Kundra has been a topic of speculation for a long time now. So finally when we caught up with Shilpa, we decided to set the record straight. So, what's her equation with Raj Kundra like? “Well, he's helping me out with my production house,” she replies. “He's a great businessman and knows the nitty-gritties of a business which I'm not so well-versed with.”

    And her personal relationship with him? How far has it progressed? “It's too personal to talk about!” she shoots back. But when we coax a bit, she says, “Well, yes, he is very special in my life.”

    Does that mean marriage is on the cards? “I can't give out all the details like date, time and venue. But yes, I'll announce it when the time is right. I have decided to settle down after marriage and take it easy. But before that happens, I want to give it my best and try out everything so I have no regrets of missing out on anything later.”

    Meanwhile, there's already a murmur around us. 'Shilpa Shetty shoot kar rahi hai' go the crowds at Nariman Point. She's shooting for The Man directed by Sunny Deol. She grumbles a bit, upset about the media-bashing she's received after her return from the Big Brother's home. “I was made a scapegoat by the media and pulled up for wrong reasons. But when the issue got squashed, nobody took note of it. The Richard Gere controversy really put me off! I've just about gotten over it,” she says.

    Just back from Miami after shooting a song for Karan's Dostana, Shilpa's hands are full. She's all set to launch her very own version of Yoga CDs on June 6. She says, “All the libraries in the UK had a range of Yoga CDs by English experts only, and not a single CD by an Indian. So I thought why not me? Though I got an offer to make a Yoga DVD it didn't work out because I wanted to make it with my sensibilities. So I went to Kerala and shot for a film and I'm looking forward to its release now.”

    Though her recent achievements abroad are noteworthy, a big hit in Bollywood still eludes her. Does she feel stuck in a rut? “That's only a perception,” Shilpa replies. “I don't think I'm stuck. It's for my fans to tell, they wouldn't be here to meet me or call out my name, if I were not successful here. I'm happy, I'm doing the kind of films I want to do. Moreover, who has made it as big as I have, internationally?”

    Doesn't she miss out being an integral part of Yash Raj and Karan Johar films? Shilpa laughs saying, “Of course! Who wouldn't? But I'm happy with whatever I have on my plate at this point. I am busy with my own production house.” She is obviously excited about her new role running her production house. “It's quite a task as I work in my office with a complete corporate look, and using brains can be so taxing!” she adds.
    Source URL: http://trendgrafitiinternasional.blogspot.com/2008/05/he-is-very-special-in-my-life.html
    Visit Trend Grafity for daily updated images of art collection