I’d rather be called sensuous: Vidya

    Vidya Balan is sure flying high on the wings of success. Reached the heights that she has, talk to Vidya Balan and she’ll sound as modest, in fact, oblivious of all the attention she commands.

    Praise her, and you hear a humble “Oh God! That’s such a boost to my ego.” Tell her she’s beautiful, and she comes up with an emphatic “Thankkk you!” As if she really needed a confirmation! Gravity in her voice when she’s talking, broken by frequent peals of laughter, Vidya is, simply put – a bundle of joy.

    And all this when, “I have been travelling and haven’t even slept.” Add to that the stress of promoting Kismat Konnection, fighting rumours of link-ups with Shahid and constant remarks on her dressing, Vidya has learnt to take all of it in her stride, and happily.

    “I guess the media is seriously starved of news on me,” laughs Vidya on controversy revolving around her dressing sense in Kismat...(once again) post Heyy Babyy. “People have nothing more to discuss I guess. Heyy Babyy was an aberration. But this time, I actually had so many people telling me that there’s nothing wrong in that Kismat... dress. In fact, it’s nice. Anyway, I’m not thinking that anymore.”

    However, we insist, do actors have no say in deciding what they'll wear in a film? “Of course we have a say, but I hadn’t used it so far. This time, I’ve exercised my say completely.”

    Not just her dresses, scouting rumours about any affair between Shahid and herself is another bother. “Linking me with Shahid is preposterous.” But then didn’t we have her quoting a while back that ‘there’s someone with the alphabet ‘S’ in her life’? “Oh! Can that only mean Shahid? I have so many people in my life whose name starts with ‘S’. In fact, those days when I had quoted this, I meant my ‘girlfriend'’Saloni who was down from the US.” Now, whoever imagined that it was a girl!

    All right, with all these rumours add to the great onscreen chemistry that’s showing in the Kismat... promos, ask her if she’s prepared for comparisons between her jodi with Shahid to the one he shared with Kareena in Jab We Met? “Firstly, thank you for praising our chemistry,” she smiles, as she adds, “I’ve always shared a good on-screen chemistry with all my co-actors, including Shahid. Shahid and Kareena may have had a good chemistry in JWM, but that doesn’t bother me.” But to atleast avoid the constant link-ups with co-actors, the best that she does is, “I disconnect with my co-stars beyond a point. Or I wouldn’t talk much to them for the fear of what’s being said or what’s unsaid. The rest I really can’t help.”

    From comparisons about on-screen jodi to a size-zero figure, Kareena’s enviable figure, (that’s almost set a trend much like the six-pack ab of SRK) doesn’t even fit in her list of discussions. “We’re not a part of the herd that we have to look similar. Each has his own style and that makes one liked or the other disliked. It’s more important to look healthy.”

    And she believes that strictly, given the quote in one of her previous interviews that ‘I don’t want to be called sexy.’ “Yes, I mean that. Sexy is now equated with shedding clothes, just like glamour is equated with wearing Western. But I think I looked both sexy and glamorous in Parineeta, despite my Indian look in the film. Sexy is all about the appeal one has in his eyes. But since that’s not how it’s perceived, I’d rather want to be called sensuous than sexy.”

    For those waiting to see more of her, Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Chenab Gandhi with Amitabh Bachchan and Vishal Bhardwaj's Ishq Kiya are next in line after Kismat...!
    Source URL: http://trendgrafitiinternasional.blogspot.com/2008/06/id-rather-be-called-sensuous-vidya.html
    Visit Trend Grafity for daily updated images of art collection