John to work with Deepa Mehta's again!

    NEW - 21/09/2005 - malik.bollywood@gmail.com
    In the wake of Water's critical acclaim, its director, Deepa Mehta, has called on actor John Abraham to join the cast of her next directorial enterprise - the multi-million epics project Komagata Maru.
    Deepa says, "After Water, I've realised how professional and pleasant Indian actors can be. John's discipline before, during, and after Water is exemplary. Here was an actor from an English-speaking background who mastered the Sanskrit words in the dialogue, learnt to play the flute, wear a dhoti, and who came on location to Sri Lanka fully prepared. I was bowled over. As the shooting progressed I realised what a fine performer John was. I think subconsciously I had made up my mind to work with him again even before Water was complete."
    John will now play a pivotal role in Deepa's Komagata Maru, a film for which Deepa is keen to have Amitabh Bachchan in the central role. "I think it is important to have the cast in place, and I see Mr Bachchan and John in this film."When she elaborates on the impression John left on her and the movie-going public in Toronto, Deepa says, "His goodness of heart shows up on screen and in his real-life conduct. You've no idea of the kind of impact John has made with his performance. He has mobs of fans of every age and gender running after him."
    Deepa is regretful that her first choice for the two leads in Water didn't work out. "I sincerely wanted Kareena Kapoor for the female lead. I had seen her in Refugee and thought she was the perfect blend of beauty and talent. She's ethereal. I though she would be perfect as Kalyani. Kareena seemed excited then. Then suddenly I was only left to deal with her secretary… As for Rahul Khanna, I am very fond of him. It's a pity he couldn't do Water. But it was all for the best, because I can't imagine Water without John and Lisa."
    John goes into Komagata Maru as soon as Deepa finishes her script.
    [Wallpaper Designed By]
    Malik Design Lab - malik.design@gmail.com
    Source URL: http://trendgrafitiinternasional.blogspot.com/2005/09/john-to-work-with-deepa-mehta-again.html
    Visit Trend Grafity for daily updated images of art collection