Amisha represents India in Paris

    NEW - 21/10/2005 - malik.bollywood@gmail.com
    Bollywood Trade News Network
    Bollywood will have truly arrived on the international scene when our stars begin to make global fashion statements. Is this the beginning?
    Amisha Patel has represented India at the launch of Louis Vuitton's largest boutique in Paris. Exclusively revealing the outfit designed for the occassion, Neeta Lulla says she has designed a sari keeping “Amisha's innocence and girlie charm,” in mind. The actress will wear a pink sari in net fabric done up in Swarovski crystals.
    Beyond the dress, Amisha, speaking about her first international exposure, says, “It will be exciting to share the platform with international celebrities.”
    On her arrival, LV sent her beautiful gifts like a diary, guide to Europe, perfume, bottle of vintage wine and orchids. At night LV threw a dinner party at the Laurent Restaurant which is renowned for its food; Designer Neeta Lulla had made a stunning corset in baby pink and green which she wore with jeans and crystal bangles. She didn't want to wear the predictable black gown; Say Amisha “I knew everybody would be dressed in black. I wanted to look different. The party was exquisite – open-air sit down dinner with a live violin performance. The organizers had paid attention to the tiniest details like personalized nameplates on each table. Yves Carcelle, the President of LV decided to spend time with us. We thought he would leave early because his wife had delivered a baby few weeks ago. But so impressed was he with the Indian contingent that he took Anuradha Mahindra and me to their head office at night. We met designer Mark Jacob there. I am in awe of him because he is this hotshot fashion guru who is so unassuming. I got a chance to invite Mark to India”
    The next day Yves took Urmila Matondkar and Amisha for a private viewing of the showroom that they were to inaugurate at night. It was an honour to take a peek at the world's largest LV showroom in Paris nine hours before the entire world would see it. The store has been opened to celebrate 150 years of LV collections. Says Amisha, “I wore a white and silver salwar with pearl work on that day and was flooded with compliments for my outfit. As for the showroom, it was like walking into the garden of leather goods, which invaded your senses. After the event we had lunch at Palace Athene, and met the Japanese contingent there. They told me that Rajnikanth is the most popular actor in Japan.”
    For the night, Amisha wore a Neeta designed pink nude sari with a halter neck bikini blouse diamonds embedded in it. Says Amisha “I did my own hair and make up. When I was about to leave, I met the internationally acclaimed make-up artist Olivier who has done the make-up for the Queen of Jordon, Queen of Morocco and Queen Elizabeth. When he saw me, he said, 'What lovely skin you have'. He insisted on applying a 'touch up', although I had already done my make-up. To my astonishment, in three seconds he changed my look completely.”
    When Amisha walked down the red carpet, people (mostly Asians) were screaming out to her. She was overwhelmed to see so many people in Paris interested in Indian cinema. “At the inauguration I met celebrities from the fashion world. My sari mesmerized them. The showroom was officially inaugurated and then we headed for the party at Pretty Palace, which is a 600 years old Palace, not open for public. It was the biggest party I have ever attended in my life, with a crowd of 5000 people.”
    Wallpaper Designed By
    Malik Design Lab - malik.deign@gmail.com
    Source URL: http://trendgrafitiinternasional.blogspot.com/2005/10/amisha-represents-india-in-paris.html
    Visit Trend Grafity for daily updated images of art collection