Lara’s new love

    Lara Dutta’s exuberant as ever, and completely at ease while discussing her scuba-diving skills.

    Yeah, you got it right — she’s indeed an adventure freak. “I’ve learnt swimming and scuba-diving for my film Blue, which also stars Akshay Kumar,” she says with a smile. “Akshay doesn’t really need an introduction to the kind of stunts he does,” she adds with a giggle. Prod her on Blue, and she says, “The film stars Akshay, Sanju, Zayed and me. It’s the first underwater film I’ve done, and it was fabulous shooting for it. We just shot a schedule in Bahamas. It was absolutely amazing.”

    Talking about her adventure streak, has she seen the new Akshay Kumar action show Fear Factor — Khatron Ke Khiladi on TV? “I haven’t really had the chance to see it, as I have been travelling since it has been on. But, knowing Akshay, I am pretty sure that it’s quite outstanding,” she says. And yes, none other than Akshay Kumar himself vouches for the lady’s adventure streak. “In fact, Akshay told me while we were shooting in Bahamas that he gave my example to the girls in his show, as to how I did not even know how to swim before shooting for Blue and how I am diving with sharks now in the film,” says Lara.

    Besides Blue, she is doing a whole load of films. “ Banda Yeh Bindaas Hai will probably be my next release. It’s a remake of the Hollywood movie My Cousin Vinny. Then there is Do Not Disturb by David Dhawan and, of course, Billo Barber , Shah Rukh’s home production. It has SRK, Irrfan Khan and me,” she says.

    With so many films lined up, does she get any time for the ramp? “For the ramp, no. Except for some designers who are friends of mine and whose work I support. So, when they ask me to walk the ramp, I do,” she says.

    And, what’s her opinion on the view that models can’t act? “Well, that’s changed now. All of us models have come, and we have like really done well,” she says. Ask her to pick some names and she mentions Bipasha Basu, Priyanka Chopra and herself. “In fact, Priyanka comes more from the fashion world, and is even doing a film on the subject. We feel that we have brought about a positive change in the film industry which definitely includes a sense of style floating around,” she says proudly.

    Is there any role she has seen on screen recently that she would like to play? “Not really, except for some roles in the films that I am in,” she quips. And well, for all those who don’t know, the lady has cultivated a new hobby. “My new hobby is diving. It gives me a high,” she says. Going by her adventure streak, another hobby she has is riding. “I love riding,” she says. We remind her that the Pune racing season is on. “Oh, no. I am completely off races. I am not in it at all,” she says quickly.

    Lara has enjoyed working with David Dhawan. “He calls me his female Govinda. We work well together. Govinda and I have also had a fabulous equation together. I must also mention some of the young directors. Imtiaz Ali is fabulous with the kind of work he is doing. Rajoo Hirani is also a very talented director,” she says.

    And, she has a special place in her heart for Partner . “It’s a special film. It was my third film with Govinda. And, of course, working with Salman is very special, not to forget David Dhawan,” she says. And yes, Pune is a special city for Lara. “I won my Femina Miss India here years back and my life completely changed after that. I love coming here and seeing the development in the city,” she signs off.
    Source URL: http://trendgrafitiinternasional.blogspot.com/2008/07/laras-new-love.html
    Visit Trend Grafity for daily updated images of art collection