AN Exclusive Interview With John Abraham

    NEW - 19/10/2005 - malik.bollywood@gmail.com
    India FM Exclusively Prsents John Abraham Interview
    "I have never really tried to work harder"
    John Abraham. The name itself conjures up the image of a hunk. Or bikes! Or Bipasha Basu! But there are many more facets to John's persona! Having bagged a number of prestigious projects, he is gearing for his next release, Garam Masala, which will see him in a comic role for the first time.the man who has caught the fancy of practically the entire Indian female population… John Abraham!
    Who do you think is Garam Masala in this movie?According to me, Garam Masala is the movie in itself! It is a hot and spicy project. What is also garam about this movie is that it caters to all kinds of audiences. Garam Masala, according to me is Priyadarshan. I think it is one of his best projects. The chemistry that I share with Akshay onscreen is also garam! Tell us about your character in the film. My name in the movie is Sam. I am a photographer. My colleague is Mac, i.e. Akshay. We're both photographers for a publication named Garam Masala. And our specialty is that we shoot out of focus! In the film, we love women and scenic beauty. We get very excited when we shoot but nothing is in focus.
    How was your experience, working with the three newcomers Nargis, Neetu and Daisy?
    All three of them are very hardworking girls. They all are diligent and sincere with their work and so it was enjoyable. In fact, it was a first time for me as well, since I am attempting comedy for the first time. I was actually as much of a new comer as they were!
    Were you nervous since it is your first attempt at comedy?
    More than nervous, I was curious as to how I would perform. I was justified because the first two days of the shoot were very tough. Priyadarshan told me that it is tough but he was getting what he wanted. After that, things chilled out and from the third day onwards, I just let myself go. Then it was a completely different ball game!
    What was your experience of working with this whole crew?
    Firstly, I would like to give credit to some people The first person is Ratan Jain, who actually offered this project to me. He recommended my name to Priyadarshan. Priyadarshan was a little wary in the start. He was not sure as to how I would perform. He has loved me in my serious roles. He took it up as a challenge and was very patient with me on the first two days. The third day we all let go! My training ground in comedy was by the master of comedy himself, Priyadarshan. Akshay, my senior was extremely helpful. He has greatly helped my performance.
    According to you, what it the USP of this film?
    That would be the combination of Priyadarshan, Paresh Rawal, Rajpal Yadav, Manoj Joshi, Asrani, Viju Khote and Akshay and me! It is a fun movie. There is not a moment in the movie, wherein you can sit and relax! If you want to relax, you can't because you will just be laughing!
    Tell us about your upcoming movies?
    Post Garam Masala, my next release is Zinda with Sanjay Dutt. It is produced and directed by Sanjay Gupta. It will release on December 23. Then there is Taxi 9211, directed by Milan Luthria and produced by Ramesh Sippy. It should hit theatres by January- February. It has Nana Patekar in it. In the summer, I have Baabul, directed by Ravi Chopra. It stars Amitabh Bachchan, Hema Malini, Salman Khan, Rani Mukherji and me. I'm also working in another movie called Kabul Express. I will be in Afghanistan for two months, shooting for this movie. Along with me, it stars Arshad Warsi and an American actress, who plays an American photo journalist in it. There is also a Pakistani actor named Salman and an Afghani actor. It is a beautiful story interwoven around these characters. The film will be shot in Kabul.
    Talking about your forthcoming movies, is it true that you have done a lot of daring stunts in Zinda? Apparently, you were hanging from a building! How was that experience?
    It was an 80-storey building. It was fun because they suspended me from the top! What else can I say? Bangkok looked really beautiful from up there.
    Another one of your much-talked about upcoming films is Water. You have gone to the extent of saying that this film has Oscar potential. What makes this film so special to you?
    Well, it had Oscar potential. No more, because now we have a film that is selected for the Oscars. The film opened the Toronto film festival. The trade magazines abroad like Variety, Hollywood Reporter and Screen International, which are also considered the Bibles of Hollywood Cinema have all given Water four and five star ratings. That just speaks about what Water has in terms of attracting an audience. The movie has been bought over by Fox Searchlight which will release the film in the US in spring, next year.
    And we will also see you in a whole new avatar in Water?
    Yes I will be wearing a dhoti- kurta and Gandhi specs. During this film, I learnt to play the flute and Sanskrit lines from Meghdoot by Kalidas. It is a different story. I had to change the way I walked and talked. It was a completely different ball game.
    Since you come from a modeling background, the emphasis has always been on your looks. Do you think you have to put in that extra effort to prove yourself as an actor?
    I have never really tried to work harder. I am honest with my performances. My biggest strength is the audience. The industry has been very gracious to accept me. But I must not forget that the industry has welcomed me because the audience has loved me. Primarily, two movies got me recognition. The first was Jism for which I completely thank Mahesh Bhatt. The other was Dhoom for which I thank Aditya Chopra and Sanjay Gadhvi. Dhoom gave me an audience that I never had before i.e. children. They loved me in the movie and I have begun to love them so much more. Their honesty is touching. Even if they don't like you, they will tell you. Fortunately for me, they like me!
    Tell your audience why they should watch Garam Masala?
    When you want to sit back, smile and have fun, the movie that will make you laugh without a break is Garam Masala. I would like to warn you that there is no climax in the movie. The climax begins from the first shot. It is a fast-paced movie with lovely songs. You will have a blast watching it!

    Wallaper Designed By
    Malik Design Lab - malik.design@gmail.com
    Source URL: http://trendgrafitiinternasional.blogspot.com/2005/10/exclusive-interview-with-john-abraham.html
    Visit Trend Grafity for daily updated images of art collection